- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or (white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, drained, cooled lentils
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (I used red bell pepper)
- 1 cup sliced Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup diced red or yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft cheese such as Feta
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, and salt. Set aside. Note, the vinaigrette will probably separate and need whisking again before dressing.
- In a large salad bowl, arrange the cooked lentils, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, olives, onions, cheese, and parsley.
- Dress with desired amount of vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate, or enjoy right away.