🙈 🙊 Monkey Bars (Chocolate Chip Banana) 🙉
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light or dark brown sugar (I used monkfruit for low sugar)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mashed overripe banana - about 4 medium banana
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips, chopped
- Optional add ins: chia (for protein) and or flax seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9X13 baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together 1 cup unsalted butter and 2 cups brown sugar. Mix on a medium high speed for about 2 minutes, until the mixture becomes lighter in color.
- Add in 3 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp salt, and 2 large eggs. Mix on a medium-low speed until fully incorporated. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in 2 cups all-purpose flour and mix on low until just combined and streaks of flour aren't visible anymore.
- Add 2 cups mashed banana and mix on a low speed until you can't see any big chunks of banana.
- Fold in 1.5 cups mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chips, saving a few to sprinkle on top of batter before they're baked.
- Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with a few additional bits of chocolate.
- Bake for 32-36 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the center is baked through. Rotate the pan halfway through to help the bars bake evenly.
- Cool fully before cutting to get clean sliced squares. Cut as desired.
- Leftovers can be covered with plastic wrap or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.