½ to ¾ teaspoon dijon mustard or white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 large ruby red grapefruits
2 firm but ripe Hass avocados
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
2. Slice the peel and white pith off the grapefruits and then cut between the membranes to release the grapefruit segments.
3. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and peel off the skin. Cut the halves into slices.
4. Arrange the grapefruit segments on a large platter or 4 small plates. Arrange the avocado slices with the grapefruit.
5. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.