Truvani Pumpkin Spice Protein Oatmeal
- 1 ripened banana or 2/3 cup fruit of choice
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice
- 1 scoop Truvani Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder
- 1–2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 2–4 tablespoons walnuts or nuts/seeds of choice, chopped (optional) I used chia seeds and walnuts
- In a small mixing bowl, add fruit. Mash until mostly smooth. Fold in oats and cinnamon, if using.
- Set a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add milk and pumpkin spice protein powder and whisk until thoroughly mixed and nearly no clumps remain.
- Add oat mixture. Using a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula, stir out any clumps of mixture that have formed.
- Add maple syrup, and optionally, salt and chopped walnuts.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low or low when your oatmeal starts to bubble.
- Stir occasionally, until thickened to desired texture. I like to cook the oatmeal until most of the milk is gone, but with just a bit too much left. Remember, the oats will continue to thicken and soak up the milk as it sits there and waits to be served and eaten! You want to leave a bit of extra milk in the pot to be absorbed so that the oatmeal doesn’t dry out.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl or two.
- Serve topped with fruit slices and optionally, a drizzle of maple syrup—it’s soooo good!