- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallot or onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- black olives, optional for top
- avocado diced, optional for top
- cheese optional for top
Coat the bottom of a saucepan in a thin layer of olive oil. Add shallots and cook for several minutes, until soft.
Add garlic, rosemary, oregano, chili powder, cumin. Stir and cook for about 2-3 more minutes. Add ground chicken and cook until done.
Add beans and broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until the liquid begins to thicken.
Add salt to taste. (I typically use about a half tsp of salt.)
Serve alone or with cornbread & taco salad.