Tilapia w lemon butter cream sauce on cabbage
Sometimes I make my best recipes when I don’t plan ahead... I could have won “Chopped” w this one 🤩😂
1 pan Lemon butter cream sauce fish on top of a bed of sautéed cabbage
*3/4-1 head cabbage
4 cloves garlic
9 pc White fish (tilapia or rockfish)
6 Tbsp butter/ghee/olive oil, divided
Capers (2 Tbsp on each plate)
2 lemons, juiced
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil
1 tsp oregano
2 cups milk or heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt 2 Tbsp butter/ ghee/or olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Add diced onion and garlic. Cook until caramelized. Add cabbage. Cook until tender.
2. Season w a little caraway seed & salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place portion of cabbage on middle of each plate to make a bed for fish.
4. Add fish to pan & cook until golden on each side. (Salt & pepper to taste)
5. Place fish on top of each cabbage bed.
6. To make lemon butter sauce, start by melting 4 Tbsp butter or ghee in pan. (If pan already has 4 Tbsp of drippings don’t add more) Once melted, add 4 Tbsp flour and cook until brown.
7. Add milk or heavy cream. Add juice of 1-2 lemons. Add parmesan cheese. Stir until thickened.
8. Add spices to sauce (oregano, fresh basil, salt and pepper to taste)
9. Spoon sauce on top of fish on each plate and top with capers.