Plum Streusel Muffins
- 12-count muffin pan
- Cupcake Liners
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 cup avocado or coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups diced plums
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners or non-stick spray.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and use a silicone spatula to fold together. Once you see no more white flour, add the diced plums and fold together until fully incorporated.
In the same medium-sized bowl you used to combine your dry ingredients, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt with a normal dinner spoon. Then mix in the melted butter until coarse crumbs form.
Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with the muffin batter (I use my cookie scoop) and then top them off with the streusel. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the centers for doneness.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer the muffins over to a wire rack to finish cooling. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.