Banana Butterscotch Rolled Oat Cookies
Family Heirloom Recipe from Celia Haskell
1 ½ cups flour
1 cup sugar (omit or use monkfruit for less sugar)
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp baking soda
¾ cup butter
1 ¾ cup rolled oats
1 egg, well beaten
1 cup bananas (3), mashed (can use frozen)
½ cup nuts (opt)
1 pkg butterscotch chips
Sift dry ingredients into bowl, cut in butter, add egg, bananas, oats and nuts. Mix until blended. Add butterscotch chips. Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet and bake until lightly browned (12-15 mins) at 350°. (Can be frozen and thawed too!)
No bake energy balls
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup natural GRANOLA butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed (I left mine whole)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir together well to combine.
- Place bowl of “dough” in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour so it can set up.
- Bring dough out of the fridge and roll into balls about 1 Tablespoon in size.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge or freezer.
Serving: 1ball Calories: 112kcal Carbohydrates: 12g Protein: 3g Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g Sodium: 11mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g