Ginger, Carrot, Cinnamon Protein Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (add 1/4 cup protein powder in place of part of the flour if desired)
- 1/3 cup beet or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive OR coconut oil (if using coconut oil, be sure it's melted and slightly cooled)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the yogurt, milk, vanilla, eggs, and honey.
- Gently mix the wet mixture into the flour mixture, and using a spatula, fold until combined, being sure to mix just until all the flour disappears. Fold in the oil. And then fold in carrots & ginger. Be sure not to over mix here.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tin, place pan in the oven, and bake for 23 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.