Banana Butterscotch Rolled Oat Cookies
Family Heirloom Recipe from Celia Haskell
1 ½ cups flour
1 cup sugar (omit or use monkfruit for less sugar)
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp baking soda
¾ cup butter
1 ¾ cup rolled oats
1 egg, well beaten
1 cup bananas (3), mashed (can use frozen)
½ cup nuts (opt)
1 pkg butterscotch chips
Sift dry ingredients into bowl, cut in butter, add egg, bananas, oats and nuts. Mix until blended. Add butterscotch chips. Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet and bake until lightly browned (12-15 mins) at 350°. (Can be frozen and thawed too!)
2 medium bananas - fresh (or ripe but the cookie will be much sweeter) 118 g, 4.2 oz each banana, unpeeled banana
⅓ cup Maple Syrup - or agave syrup or liquid syrup you like
3/4 cup Cassava Flour -or 1 cup all-purpose flour
Adds on - optional but recommended
⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
¼ teaspoon Baking Powder - for light and fluffy cookies
½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
* Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper, lightly oil the paper with oil. Set aside.
* Before you start, make sure you are using a medium-size banana. A medium-sized banana weighs about 118g/4.2 oz unpeeled.
* In a medium-size mixing bowl, mash the banana into a puree. It is ok if there are few lumps
* Stir in maple syrup, then stir in flour until it forms a wet, sticky cookie dough, similar to banana bread dough.
* Scoop out dollops of cookie dough on the prepared tray, leaving 1 thumb space between each cookie. The cookie won't expand in the oven.
* Slightly spread the dough with the back of a spoon into a round cookie shape if desired.
* Bake 12 minutes or until slightly golden on the top.
* Store in the fridge in an airtight box for up to 3 days.
- 1 cup milk (or dairy-free milk)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 cups loose spinach, packed (or 1 bundle fresh)
- 1 small plum or apple cored and cut into chunks
- 1 small banana, cut into slices
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the blender jar, in the order in which they are listed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.