Stuffed Cauliflower Poblano Peppers
- 5 poblano peppers, roasted and skin removed, can substitute red or green bell peppers
- 1 small cauliflower, diced
- 1 carrot (I used purple)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese, divided
- 6 Tbsp. balsamic reduction, for serving
- 2 Tbsp. chopped toasted walnuts, for serving
- Use tongs to place peppers directly on the flames of gas burner, turning several times until skin has blackened. Alternately, put the peppers on a baking sheet and place under the broiler, turning occasionally until skin blackens.
- Place blackened peppers in a heat-safe bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove blackened skin.
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Microwave or steam Riced Cauliflower, peas, carrot Medley for 4 minutes or until hot.
- Pour into a colander and drain any excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl gently toss drained Cauliflower Medley, garlic powder, salt, lime juice, chopped green onion, olive oil, cranberries, cilantro or parsley and 2 tablespoons of the crumbled feta or cotija.
- Cut a slit down the center of each pepper lengthwise and drizzle the insides with 1 Tbsp. of the balsamic reduction.
- Divide filling evenly between the two peppers and top with remaining 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta or cotija.
- Bake for 10 minutes, just until warmed through.
- To serve, drizzle with remaining balsamic and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.