Sheetpan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 tsp chili powder (preferrably 1 tsp ancho chili powder 1 tsp regular)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts , sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips (slice extra wide strips in half)
- 1 of each red , green and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips (3 whole total)
- 1 medium yellow onion , halved and sliced from top to root
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- Sour cream , avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend (toppings are optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
For the seasoning: In a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, set aside.
For the fajitas filling: Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet.
- Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips.
- Drizzle olive oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping.
- Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 - 25 minutes (test a few of the larger pieces to make sure they are 165 in the center).
Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
- Drizzle lime juice evenly over top of the chicken fajita filling, sprinkle with cilantro and more salt to taste and toss to coat.
- Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with desired toppings.