Italian Potato Salad Recipe
Y’all NEED this Italian potato salad recipe it’s SO good! ❤️
Remember to order your organic produce from @amarilloeatsorganic b4 Wed at 12pm for delivery or pick up this Friday 9/3 at AmarilloEatsOrganic.com
Italian Purple Potato Salad Recipe:
6 – 10 servings
- 2 1/2 Pounds Purple Potatoes – 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar – (helps to keep potatoes intact)
- 1 Recipe Basic Italian Vinaigrette – recipe below or Italian The One & Only Dressing
- 1/2 Red Onion – thinly sliced or minced
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper – roasted – diced
- 1 Small Orange Pepper – diced
- 1 Small Yellow Pepper – diced
- 1 Container Cherry Tomatoes – halved
- 1 Cup Aged Parmesan Cheese – finely shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Basil – chiffonade or roughly chopped
Basic Italian Vinaigrette
- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 2 – 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
Dice the potatoes into half inch chunks and put in a large pot and cover with water. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high heat. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until opaque and soft. Make sure and check on them a few times, you don’t want to hard or mushy potatoes. The best way is to taste them. When the potatoes are tender, pour into a colander, drain and let cool.
Mince or press the garlic in a garlic press and add to a jar.
Measure all other ingredients and add to the jar. Shake well.
If you have an immersion blender it will help emulsify it. Just blend everything together then stir in the garlic.
Roast the red pepper on the stovetop on medium-high heat. A gas stove works the best but it will work fine on an electric stove. Char the peppers on all sides turning with a pair of tongs. When good and charred, steam them for 10 minutes in a covered dish or a paper bag rolled shut to hold in the steam.
Take a paper towel and rub off the char. It’s ok to leave a little of the char. Slice in half, remove the seeds and stems. Dice them up.
Add the onion, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, basil and dressing to a big bowl and stir well.
When the potatoes are cooled, gently fold into the vegetables.