Cheese Enchiladas (w vegan option)
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese (or vegan cheese)
- Enchilada sauce homemade (recipe below)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Enchilada sauce Ingredients:
4 tbsp olive oil
8 tbsp all purpose flour
3 tbsp Powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
4 cups chicken broth (use veggie broth for vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish
- Dip each corn tortilla into the enchilada sauce. Place 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, and 1 Tbsp of the chopped onion, down the middle of a corn tortilla, and roll it up. Place into the baking dish seam side down. Continue with the remaining 7 corn tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, topped with chopped cilantro.