Cabbage Stir Fry with Noodles
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup COCONUT AMINOS
- ¼ cup rice OR COCONUT vinegar
- 1 TBS each: chili paste, sesame oil, and MAPLE SYRUP
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ tsp ARROWROOT STARCH
- 1 small bunch green onions, divided and minced
- 1 TBS minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Splash olive oil
- 6 oz noodles (ramen, lo mein, or wide rice noodles) I USED EINKORN SPAGHETTI
- 5 cups roughly chopped green cabbage (1/2 a small head)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 onion 🧅 sliced
- 1.4 lbs chicken tenders
- 1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
- Mix together the COCONUT AMINOS, rice/coconut vinegar, chili paste, sesame oil, and maple syrup. In another small container, whisk together the water and arrowroot starch. Pour the starch slurry into the sauce and whisk to combine.
- Cut the root off the green onions. Mince the white and light green part of the onion, set aside. Slice the green tops, and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet (I used a 15 inch cast iron) over medium heat, combine a splash of olive oil with the ginger, garlic, and add chicken. Then add onions. Cook until fragrant and starting to brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in cabbage and carrots. Cook another 2-4 minutes, or until the veggies are tender crisp.
- Stir in cooked noodles.
- Give the sauce another whisk to lift any settled starch. Poor into the skillet and stir to combine. Cook 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and the cornstarch is cooked.
- Divide the noodle stir fry among 4 plates, and top with the sliced green onions. Serve.