Brussel Spout Pear Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 cups brussel sprouts about 15 sprouts
- 4 cups fresh arugula or greens of your choice, spinach is also great
- 1 pear chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cherries, or cranberries optional
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Begin by cutting your sprouts in half, and removing the bottom stem. Place inside a food processor or blender and pulse for 10-20 seconds or until the brussels have been "chopped".
- In a large bowl toss in arugula, brussels sprouts, pear, raisins, and almonds or pecans.
- To make the dressing, place the ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk or shake until completely incorporated. Toss 1/2 cup of the dressing on the salad. You can use the entire jar, or reserve some for a later use. Adjust the dressing to your taste!